The Utah Society of Health-System Pharmacists (USHP) is the Utah state affiliate of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). As a volunteer-run organization, we seek to uphold the mission of ASHP at the state level. Our membership is comprised of pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and students of the great hospitals, health systems, clinics and other settings of the Beehive State.
Our Mission is to advance public health and improve patient outcomes.
In order to accomplish this Mission, the Objectives of USHP are to:
- Develop and advocate for laws, regulations and professional standards for patient care.
- Foster an adequate supply of competent pharmacists and pharmacy technicians through programs developed by USHP.
- Disseminate information relevant to pharmacy practice in Utah.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration within pharmacy and between pharmacy personnel and other healthcare professionals.
- Promote research in the health sciences and patient care.
- Advocate for safe and effective medication use and patient-centered care.
- Pursue any other issue or lawful activity that may be authorized by the USHP Board of Directors not specifically addressed in the Constitution and By-Laws.